Do Aligners Fix Teeth Permanently?With the advancements in dentistry, there are tremendous orthodontic treatments and options to fix misaligned teeth. However, the process can be tedious, time-consuming, and overwhelming for most patients. Moreover, metal braces were very popular in the past, but many find it an aesthetic concern today. Therefore, most patients are opting for aligners so they can look their best during and after the procedure. Clear aligners are discreet compared to conventional metal brackets and wires and in most cases, you cannot even tell you’re wearing them.
What are clear aligners?Clear aligners fix malaligned teeth and improve your smile. A virtually invisible plastic tray is used instead of wires and brackets, which gradually fix the position of your teeth. The following dental issues are fixed using clear aligners
- Open bite
What are the benefits of aligners?Clear aligners have multiple benefits, which are
- The treatment is virtually invisible and fixes crooked teeth with a greater aesthetic appeal. Something that is not possible with metal braces.
- They are more comfortable because there are no wires and brackets irritating soft tissues.
- Clear aligners can be removed for a brief period. For example, during meals and special occasions.
- The treatment time is shorter, which is four months to eighteen months, dependent on the brand of aligners being used.
- The treatment planning is digital, which can also be incorporated as teledentistry for remote monitoring.
- In-person appointments are fewer.