PROCEDURE OF ROOT CANAL THERAPY:
- The tooth under complain is first and foremost anesthetized(made numb) using a local anesthetic.
- The cavity (dark area involving bacteria) is then drilled and cleaned up till the root area.
- Pulp (nerves, blood vessels and capillaries) and then removed using adequate instruments and hence, the tooth is now virtually dead or pain free.
- Proper instrumentation, cleaning and shaping of the newly cleaned cavity then takes place.
- Once properly cleaned and inspected the cavity and root area are then filled with a adhesive (tooth filling material) and then cavity cleaned.
- Success rate of the Endodontic therapy is 97% in majority of cases.
- The process is usually done in minimum 3 seating/visits and maximum 4 seating/visits.
ENDODONTIC THERAPY WITH ROTARY INSTRUMENTS:
Rotary instruments are a new trend in clinical endodontic dentistry. Can be used manually and with a motor operated engine.These instruments are different from conventional endodontic instruments in the following ways:
- Less time consuming
- Adequate instrumentation ( help clean the cavity more efficiently)
- Quick and reliable procedure
- Flexible hence, can bend in any shape required at time of treatment.
- Motor operated are quiet and comfortable which do not elevate the patients fear regarding disturbing sounds made during treatment.
- Procedure in majority completed within 1 to 2 seating/ visits.